At the start of every calendar year Babalawos gather to forecast the energy matrix of the New Year for their community. Below is the Yearly Reading for 2013 which I divined on January 1, 2013.
IFA 2013 Yearly Reading
Primary Odu…OTURA IRETE
Ire (on path)…OTURUPON OKANRAN
Ayewo (off path)…OGUNDA IRETE
Ire Elese Ori…OGUNDA MEJI
Primary Orisa for 2013…OBATALA
Supporting Orisa for 2013…YEMAYA
Other important Orisa to work with is ORI…Inner Consciousness…Destiny…Higher Self…
OBATALA…Assorted Fruits several times a year.
Place assorted fruits on your Obatala shrine and leave at shrine until they begin to change in freshness. If you don’t have an Obatala shrine you can create a sacred area such as a small section on a shelf, on the floor, etc. Light a small white tea candle and connect with the energy of Obatala and pray for clarity, peace, focus, etc…
After the fruits have changed in freshness Dispose out in nature if possible or in any garbage.
YEMAYA…three bottles of Molasses placed at her shrine or sacred space you may create in place of shrine.
Leave the three bottles of Molasses as offering for six months…discard the three bottles on the sixth month and replace with another three bottles of Molasses for another six months. Bottles of Molasses may be disposed in garbage.
ORI…Periodic offerings of fruits, shea butter, liquor, sweets, honey, etc. If you have not received your Ori ceremony (Icon/shrine) you can make the offering by creating a small sacred area dedicated to your Ori.
* A year to be patient
* Moderation in all matters is key this year
* This year will be a year where new opportunities may be presented
* A year where you will be able to create new opportunities
* You must remain focused on your destiny and not be distracted by external circumstances
* A year of personal advancement
* Keeping a cool head will allow you to become aware of new awareness of consciousness, inspiration, new visions
* A year of rebirth of consciousness…a rebirth of worldview…on a personal and global vision
* Tension, anxiety, depression will begin to dissipate
* A year where it is advisable to remain versatile…adapt to situations, but remain focus on your purpose / destiny
* Make the best effort to be diplomatic in your verbal expression
*There will be new global changes…politically, spiritually, the restructuring of communities, belief systems
* A highly spiritual year. New “spiritual” energies entering the Earth plane…affecting the frequencies and vibrations of many individuals.
A year where it is advisable to remain cool and calm in order to see opportunities…feel inspiration. All things should be done in moderation. No need to rush to get ahead. Your personal advancement will come by way of remaining versatile, yet not loosing your focus…your sense of self. Moving at a slower pace, keeping cool headed will assist in releasing tension, anxiety, depression, etc. Due to the galactic energetic shifts and spiritual energies coming onto the planet you will begin to change your perceptions….the planet at large and its inhabitants will be shifting into a new paradigm. Obatala & Yemaya being the primary Orisa for the year also gives indication that family plays an important part in this years energetic alignment. Family unity, open dialogue, respecting each others worldview, etc.
What would place you off path would be to be forceful in trying to acquire your goals. To disconnect from your personal spiritual journey. In reference to health concerns it is a year to take care of the head (thoughts, physical injuries, etc) and legs ( hips, knees, ankles, sprains, strains, etc)
A year to use your intellect, wisdom and knowledge…listen to the inner voice that is guiding you.
Enjoy the journey…Many Blessings